/>

June 13, 2014

Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon Day #4

This is the halfway point for The Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon hosted by The Book Tower. There are only 3.5 more days to complete our goals and empty our TBR shelves. These fast-paced days full of reading and blogging have been going by like lightning.
So far, our progress has been slow, but we hope to change that during the weekend. With no plans for these three days besides reading, we should (hopefully) be able to pick up the pace.











Max
Books Started: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare and The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer
Books Finished: None :(
Pages Read: 210
Impressions: City of Lost Souls has been pretty intense, but I'm not going to be reading The Inventor's Secret for this read-a-thon, or maybe even at all. I think it'll take too long for me to read it.
Frustrations: I had forgotten how much Clary and her decisions could annoy me sometimes--does she ever think things through? And The Inventor's Secret is not my genre, I just haven't gotten into it, and I'm not sure I'll be able to.  
Challenges Completed: I read more than 200 pages.
Total Books Finished: 3
Total Pages Read: 882

Tessa
Books Started: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
Books Finished: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Pages Read: 266
Impressions: The Moon and More is a standard Sarah Dessen book is equal parts of teen angst and family problems. I am enjoying it so far. I am going to count it as my summer-themed book for the challenge.
Frustrations: I am still reading Dangerous, and it has proven to be a rollercoaster of a book. One page I am completely aware of what is happening, but the next page leaves me in a confused stupor. So many things are occurring that I do not know what I think of the book yet.

Challenges Completed: Read 200 pages a day.


Total Books Finished: 2

Total Pages Read: 1186 (Victory!)

Cassia
Books Started: None

Books Finished: None (City of Bones is long, okay? ;))
Pages Read: 151
Impressions: I forgot how much I love this series. I'm so happy to be reading it again. I really just want to forget the other books I said I would read this week and just plow through the whole series, but City of Ashes isn't at the library yet and I said I would read the other three books. Oh, boy. Three books... In short: I love love LOVE this book! Clare's writing is amazing; it's filled with little things that are very descriptive and I can't believe I forgot what a wonderful treat her writing is.
Frustrations: As much as I love this book, this series, this world, this writing, I can't get into it. And I have no idea why. But when I read it I love it. I guess it's me trying to savor it. I plowed through The One, so I don't know. Let's just go with I'm savoring it.
Challenges Completed: Try to like Jace a little more. He's working his charms. Again. :)

Total Books Finished: 2
Total Pages Read: 707



No comments:

Post a Comment