/>

January 8, 2015

Taylor Swift Book Tag

Today, we are presenting you with the Taylor Swift Book Tag! This idea originated from Katytastic on Youtube, but Emily from Books and Cleverness brought it into the blogosphere. We were tagged by EI @ Eclectic Introspections.

You can find the playlist of all of Taylor Swift's songs here.










1. We are Never Getting Back Together
(Pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with)

Obsidian (Lux, #1)

The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I really liked Obsidian and Onyx, but everything fell apart for me at Opal. I really disliked the dual perspectives. I also hate how Kat became so dependent on Daemon. She started as a strong, smart female lead, but then she jumped onto the needy girlfriend bandwagon. 

2. Red
(Pick a book with a red cover)

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

3. The Best Day
(Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling

4. I Knew You Were Trouble
(Pick a bad character that you could not help but love)

The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)

Dean from The Naturals series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

5. Innocent
(Pick a book that someone spoiled the ending for you)

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

One fateful day several years ago, the entire Hunger Games trilogy ruined for me.
I had just started Mockingjay, I was not even past the first chapter. One of my friends, who happened to be a Hunger Games enthusiast and read the book the first day it came out, wanted to gush about the book with me. Of course I wanted to talk to her about the infamous love triangle.  But this point, I was still completely Team Gale (and I always will be). Unfortunately, my friend was on Team Peeta. So, the encounter that started as a friendly conservation between bookish friends ended up in a heated debate. Ultimately, she ended up telling me, in FULL DETAIL, about the epilogue and who Katniss spends her happily ever after with.

6. Everything Has Changed
(Pick a character who has gone through extensive character development)

Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)

Allyson from Just One Day by Gayle Forman

I love how Allyson changed during the year she was trying to find Willem. To me, this book was more than a love story. Allyson's story is showed me how to live with loss, when to let things go, and dealing with change. She went from a shy, student who did not know what she wanted in life to a confident adult who knew exactly what she wanted from life and how to get it.

7. You Belong With Me
(Pick your most anticipated book release)

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

8. Forever and Always
(Pick your favorite book couple)

The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1)

Cassie and Evan from The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

9. Teardrops on My Guitar
(Pick a book that made you cry)

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Really, who didn't cry while reading this one?

10. Shake It Off
(Pick a book you love so much that you just ignore the haters)

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)

Vampire Academy series by Richelle Meade

I really love this series and the spin-off series, Bloodlines. A lot of people hate on it because it was part of the vampire fad with Twilight. But, this is nothing like Twilight. The main character actually has a backbone and the romance is not the defining factor for the plot. I would recommend this to any fantasy fan, regardless of your feelings toward other vampire books.

11. Blank Space
(Pick an over-hyped book/series that did not work out for you)

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)

The Iron King by Julie Kawaga

I quit after 50 pages of this book. I did not like the characters, and I did not like where the plot was going. It was fairly predictable. I also hated the romance/love triangle.

12. Invisible
(Pick a under-hyped book that you think deserves more of a spotlight)

The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers, #1)

The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

I love books about demons. I think it is the best unexplored area of YA. This book is one of my favorite fantasy/adventure books. The main character, Riley, is stubborn, nice, and determined. She is also the first girl to make a living by killing demons. This a definitely a must-read for fantasy fans, or anyone for that matter!

13. The Story of Us
(Pick the couple that should have been)

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

Katniss and Gale from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Yes, I am still upset about this.

Our Addition

14. Picture to Burn
(Pick a book that infuriated you while you read it)

The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)

The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black


I tag any Taylor Swift fans who have not done this tag yet!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Vampire Academy!!! I too recommend that series!!! *high five*
    Harry Potter <3
    Ooh Demon Trapper's Daughter sounds intriguing!!! I gotta read it!!! I LOVE Demons too!!! Maybe it's because of Imagine Dragons :D
    Really?!! Iron Fey?!!! I mean, I agree, I don't like the Protagonists..Meghan's boring, but Julie's world-building skills are way off the charts and I LOVE PUCK (Yeah I'm shouting!!)!!! *fangirling* (I've never actually fangirled for anyone or anything until PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3
    I watched the Hunger Games and then started reading the books. Because I LOVE Liam and he's Gale...I could never like be on Peeta's side! It was really a struggle for me, but I think my favorite is Finnick..I find Peeta too sensitive and Gale too serious! And I really, really, really LOVED Sam as Finnick!!! He is the star of the movies!!
    TFIOS! You gotta have a stack of tissues ready before starting that book!
    Thanks for doing the Tag! Lovely answers! :)
    P.S., It's EI (E for Eclectic and I for Introspections) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry, sometimes I cannot catch my own typos! I changed it though!
      I really liked the Hunger Games movies too. The casting is just PERFECT! Every actor plays their character with so much emotion. The movies certainly do the books justice.

      Delete