/>

April 1, 2015

March 2015 Wrap-Up


My Life

I cannot believe that April (and spring) have arrived! The snow has (hopefully) stopped, trees are starting to bloom, and the weather is slowly warming up. There is nothing I like more than finally being about to wear spring clothes after the long moths of winter. 

Unfortunately, as the weather is getting warmer, my blogging enthusiasm has decreased. I find it hard to sit inside with my computer and books when the sun is shining and the birds are singing outside. 

Also, school has really been picking up. This is the time of the year that the teachers realize that there are only three more months of school and a ton of material to cover. At least I have all of the homework I could ever want. 



Books I Read

Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

The Sea of Tranquility

Unhinged by A.G. Howard

Unhinged (Splintered, #2)

Just One Night by Gayle Forman

Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)

Snark and Stage Fright by Stephanie Wardrop

Snark and Stage Fright

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Looking for Alaska

Flowers for Algernon by David Keyes 

Flowers for Algernon

Leviathan by Scott Westerfield

Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)

The Burned Bridges Protocol by Abigail Borders

The Burned Bridges Protocol

Challenge Updates

I posted two discussion posts in March for the 2015 Book Blogger Discussion Post Challenge, which brings my total up to 7 this year. My goal is at least 11.

I read 8 books this month, which brings my Goodreads challenge total up to 21. I am officially one fifth of the way to my goal! But, we have already gone through one fourth of the months of this year, so I am going to have to pick up the pace.


Popular on the Blog



Links to See

Lory shares what makes a good title and some of her favorites. 
Kat explains why characters like Bella Swan exist.
Sarah discusses being an authentic voice in the book blogosphere and beyond.
Ashley talks about the importance of starting to blog with a focus and how to find yours.
Bridget wants to know what makes a book diverse.
Asti wonders where all the ugly YA characters are hiding.
Rachel asks if we really need epilogues.
Kristen talks about her pedestal books.
Tara talks about the fair use of covers images.
Claire writes an open letter to book memes.
Julie talks about the secret magic of writing.
Genevieve shares the importance of books for in-betweeners.
Shaina reveals the solution to impostor syndrome.

Finished Events

Kayla @ The Thousand Lives and Veronica @ The Talking Bookworm hosted Contemporary Conversations. They celebrated a month full of contemporary books with funny and thought provoking discussions and amazing giveaways.

Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe and Inge and Karolina @ Bookshelf Reflections hosted the Fantasy Favorites Read-a-Thon. It included great posts, quizzes, Twitter chats, and all kinds of fantasy fun!

Upcoming Events

Alexa and Alyssa are hosting Bard on Blogs, their celebration of William Shakespeare and all of his wonderful work.

Faye and Caroline are hosting a Spring Clean Your TBR event. This event will take place throughout the month of April with book swaps, Twitter chats, and the challenge of shrinking your to-be-read list.

How was your month? What exciting (or not so exciting) things did you do? What books did your read? What are you planning for April? 





No comments:

Post a Comment