/>

September 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Books that I need to read with a pumpkin muffin


Top Ten Tuesday is a list based meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at The Broke and the Bookish.

As much as I hate to admit it, summer is over. The popsicles and swimming suits have been packed away. My shorts have been shoved aside for pants and I can't go outside without grabbing a jacket.

But fall definitely has its perks, such as pumpkin muffins (which I firmly believe are heaven with frosting), fuzzy sweaters, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving festivities, and crisp apples. Fall also means that I get to curl up with a blanket and a book in my (limited) free time. 

As the days get shorter and the nights get longer, I tend to gravitate toward darker and more disturbing books. I never really read outright horror, but more dark fiction and mysteries creep into my bookshelf. Scary stories that give me goosebumps are perfect to keep me up on Halloween night. Mystery books also give me something to think about while I sip my hot apple cider.

Lucky for you, I have a list of all of the book that will keep me warm and entertained this fall.







Fire Falling by Elise Kova

Ever since I read Air Awakens in the beginning of the year, I have been promising myself that Fire Falling would be next on my TBR. But here we are nine months later and I still have not read it. I hope putting it on my fall TBR will get me motivated enough to continue the series.

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

This mystery goes with my craving for darker books in the fall. Even though I don't know a lot about Jack the Ripper (but I mean, who does if they never found him?) this story intrigues me. I love it when authors rewrite history in their own unique way. 

The Daemoniac by Kat Ross

Is it bad that I have two books about psychotic serial killers on my TBR? No harm if they are both amazing, right? Anyway, I have been on a Kat Ross kick lately. I just posted my review of her latest book, Blood of the Prophet. Ross is just a great, underappreciated author. Her fantasy worlds are stunning and I know she will be just as great at writing mysteries.

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

How could this beauty not make my list? Six of Crows was absolute perfection. Everything was on point, especially the cliffhanger ending that had me begging for the next book. Now that the release date is in sight, I can breathe again and hope for the best for my precious crew.




Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

Even though I disagreed with Truthwitch, I am not going to give up on Dennard's writing quite yet. So many people have recommended her first series. I have only seen good reviews. Plus it is creepy as all get out (just look at the cover!). 

A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess

In an attempt to revive my goal to read more 2016 debuts, I added A Shadow Bright and Burning to my TBR. It does not exactly match the theme for the rest of the TBR, but I have been dying to get my hands on this beauty. The cover, synopsis, and reviews have all drawn me into the enchanting web that Cluess has made. 

Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Gemina is another no-brainer on this list. Illuminae was one of my favorite books of 2015, and I am sure that Gemina will be the same. The dynamic duo of Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff never disappoint.

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

I will admit that I am a little bit beyond on my Victoria Schwab books. I still have to read Vicious and A Gathering of Shadows. But I have decided to start with This Savage Song, mostly due to the irresistible cover. 


What is your favorite thing about fall? Do you have a favorite pumpkin-flavored food? What books are you hoping to read this fall? Are you planning to read any of these?




No comments:

Post a Comment